Sunday, January 29, 2012

Boozy Tuesd'y

I like cocktails. I was given a cocktail shaker for my birthday a couple of years ago, but I’ve been a bit too intimidated to use it (I’m pretty scared that the top will fall off).  So I’ve decided to improve my “mixology skills” through forced practice. But I’ll do that next month, because I have to sing about my  love for Rekoderlig cider.


I stumbled across Rekoderlig by accident on a family ski holiday. We were buying some dinner, and I was perusing the selection of alcoholic beverages when my eyes fell on a tall, and stout bottle. Winter Berry Cider.
I’ve only tried cider once, and I wasn’t overly impressed by it. I am the first to say I have a massive sweet tooth, so even cider seemed too bitter for me. But by some fluke, we decided to try it. And the heavens parted and the angels sang. Deliciousness, thy name is Rekoderlig.

The most exciting part of this for me is that if I hold the bottle a particular way, it almost looks like I’m drinking beer. Hooray for not being “that girl” who can’t drink anything but spirits anymore!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment