Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Something New Saturday

New:  Restaurant - Caravanserei, West End. 
This is the inside - isn't it great? Image Credit: myrestaurants.com.au 

It is a rare occasion that my entire family is together, so this Friday night we decided to venture out into the night in search of a restaurant to satiate 6 adult appetites. A friend recommended Caravanserei to me 2 years ago during my New Years Resolution (which was to try a different cuisine every month), however unfortunately, I never made it to this gem. I am so glad I have managed to return.

The food was, in a word, spectacular! We got a banquet meal which meant that everyone got to try a little bit of everything (and a *lot* of freshly baked Turkish bread – yum!). 

We started out with an entrée of Mezes which included an amazing cheesy-aioli dip, a greenish herby dip, hummus, stuffed olives ,pickled carrots and some kind of dumpling things.

And then the main began. Oh the main. We each got a chicken shish kebab (which was actually heaven on a stick), meatballs with couscus (which was actually my favourite part of the whole night – I have never liked couscous until this moment!), a seafood riceything, a vegetable stack (Which mostly seemed to be haloumi) and a spinach filo pastry. After this, each member of the family was about ready to birth some serious food-infants, however when dessert was served, no one could resist.

Real Turkish delight is the nectar of the gods. 


I can't recommend this place highly enough. Service was super-fast and friendly, the food was amazing and while a bit expensive, absolutely worth it. You can check out their menu here

No comments:

Post a Comment